 Off-Topic / Debate / 27011
Re: I think I'm going to puke....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 06:09:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

   That would be another discussion, and knock yourself out, but one word of warning-- “Protestantism” is NOT a “religion”.

Oh oh oh!!!! I wanna play!! I have to ask and trust me, I know I will probably regret this, I really did trying to stay out of this (well not really) but what exactly do ~YOU~ mean by “Protestantism” is NOT a “religion”. I would hate to “assume” anything in debate, that’s like shooting yourself in the foot, but you must be joking, right? You can’t seriously say that and not expect to have to explain. Do you?

Christianity is a religion. Protestantism is a branch of Christianity. It is a broad term that is useless in this context.

   Whatever happened to you staying out of OTD?

   What is your point?

I rarely frequent .debate, and ~I~ even get that point!

I didn’t say I didn’t “get” the point, I wanted him to spell it out.

JOHN