 Off-Topic / Debate / 27016
Re: I think I'm going to puke....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 06:52:02 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:

   This is nothing, unless you think clothes do make the man. All this primping and preening isn’t my cup of tea either, but if others want to do it, so what?

You are staring at a vision of the future if certain individuals had any say in the matter. And they do. And so do I. It is a battle of ideas and values, and I reject these. I see them as decadent; evidence of declining culture, not progressive.

Every step forward takes turns that make SOME people uncomfortable. How do you think people in the front of the bus felt when Rosa Parks refused to move??? Or how do you think men felt when Paulina Davis fought to allow wives to maintain control of property they had owned before marriage. (I could continue with a million examples of movements, fights and protests that made changes to the way that ppl view stereotypes, but I’m sure you get the point.)

I am fully aware that you feel uncomfortable with this sort of fashion, but to make a jump to say it’s a decline in culture, when you have no idea what the future holds is a bit presumptuous wouldn’t you say???

Janey “Red Brick”