 Off-Topic / Debate / 18384
Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:20:21 GMT

The fall-out continues:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/americas/11/27/canada.bush.ap/index.html

2 points of further interest from the article:

1-

(from the article)
"
She apologized last week, but the furor has continued in Canada. On Monday,
some opposition members of Parliament noted the comment appeared in an Iraqi
newspaper editorial, characterized as Western opposition to Bush.
"

Iraqi newspaper editorial uses this incident as propaganda.  That's, well,
interesting.

2-

(from the article)
"
Conservative media and political foes, however, characterized the "moron"
comment as a signal of worsening relations between the North American
neighbors, who share the world's largest trade partnership.
"

Hmmm, first the Iraqi uses this incident to show Western opposition to GW
and his policies, and then the 'Conservative Media/Political Foes' use this
incident to show the 'worsening relations b/w' our two countries.  An
incident, I will reiterate, that was taken entirley out of context and was a
*private* conversation to begin with.

So the Conservative media/foes are on the same page as Iraqi editorials.
Now what does that tell you?

Things that make me go, "hmmmm...."

Dave K