 Off-Topic / Debate / 18353
Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:52:54 GMT

Read of the end of Carthage:
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/polybius-punic3.html
Don't skip the last paragraph where Scipio compares Carthage to Troy.

Innumerable wars have ended with complete annihilation of the enemy. The
world is littered with dead cities, dead languages, untraceable peoples. The
Hittites seem to have been magnificently unlucky.