 Off-Topic / Debate / 18334
Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:30:43 GMT

Someone, somewhere, in a position of Canadian Authority, told it like it is.

Though I would never call any person a moron, I would call a persons
policies and directives moronic, and that's how I feel about Dubya--he may
not be a moron, but where he's leading you Yanks, and the rest of us along
for the ride, is moronic.

I can't help but to wonder if this person's opinion would be different had OBL
leveled a different target-- namely Toronto's First Canadian Place.

He may disagree with Bush's decisions handling worldwide terrorism, but
calling them "moronic" is mere demogoguery.  What I'd like to hear are some
alternate solutions to deal with terrorism that don't include a dependence upon
the naive solution of diplomacy (because I've seen how well that strategy has
worked in the ME)

-John

And I wonder how we would all feel if Dubya at least acted like a true
leader of "the people"--leading them to do the right thing--instead of
trotting down the same old 'naive solution' of 'he who has the biggest stick'.

What I want to hear, once, from any leader involved in this fiasco, is, "Yes
this was done to us, but we're going to take the high road--we're going to
extend the olive branch of true peace, and we're especially not going to
muddy the waters in order to get revenge."

But no, that's not what we're getting--Larry's link to the Star Wars-esque
poster was dead on.  At least, so I have been noticing, the political
cartoonists don't feel that their mouths are taped shut, that they have a
first ammendment to stand on.

But that's too many things to delve into with one post.  How do I feel?
Canada was explicitly named in the list of likely candidates in OBL's latest
threat tape.  How do I feel?  That we're all sitting here in the same boat,
that we're looking for true leadership, and here goes Dubya after Saddem.

Moronic?

Duuh!bya

Dave K.