 Off-Topic / Debate / 18348
Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:16:48 GMT

Someone, somewhere, in a position of Canadian Authority, told it like it is.

Though I would never call any person a moron, I would call a persons
policies and directives moronic, and that's how I feel about Dubya--he may
not be a moron, but where he's leading you Yanks, and the rest of us along
for the ride, is moronic.

I can't help but to wonder if this person's opinion would be different had OBL
leveled a different target-- namely Toronto's First Canadian Place.

Perhaps it should not take a bloody nose for anyone to see the truth about
terrorism?

He may disagree with Bush's decisions handling worldwide terrorism, but
calling them "moronic" is mere demogoguery.

lol

What I'd like to hear are some
alternate solutions to deal with terrorism that don't include a dependence upon
the naive solution of diplomacy (because I've seen how well that strategy has
worked in the ME)

I feel sorry for you. What do you do if you disagree with your wife? Does she
beat you until you do agree, or do you talk the problem over?

What the ME shows is how violence does not work and diplomacy can work.
Diplomacy in the ME brought peace far closer than violence ever has. The
problem is that the diplomatic solution meant that Israel had to give back land
that did not belong to it. The nationalists in Israel [and their supports
further a field] could not countenance that. We see the resultant bilateral
terrorism today. Indeed, I read over the weekend that Israel murdered a UN
worker.

Conversely, Israel’s history also shows how belligerence and terrorism can
work. Do you deny that?

A war on terror will never stop terrorism. I war on injustice has a better
chance.

Scott A

-John