 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *974 (-100)
  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Verdigris here too. It's actually a common term at the moment because it's very "in" in home decorating and has been for several years. We just need to put it in the FAQ as another term which people may not know - after all, there are plenty (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: [Fwd: Re: Train Windows and Doors]

(...) Agreed, I am rather amazed and pleased... I normally don't Me Too posts but this one wasn't posted where Brad was likely to see it so I FUT lugnet.lego.direct. Maybe the Train people got (some of) what we wanted because we asked nicely and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Time for me to weigh-in on this one. I remember seeing a show about the building of the Statue Of Liberty and they did know about the copper turning green and they specifically designed it using copper so it would turn green. They mainly chose (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Why not? Copper was used architecturally much earlier than that late 19th century. I'm sure *someone* noticed that the stuff turned green over time. :) As far as who sculpted it, it was Frederic Bartholdi (a French sculptor) who supposedly (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

John Matthews <jmatthew@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:G2rGM7.JD7@lugnet.com... (...) understood (...) properties (...) How do you come to this conclusion? I'm not sure of the background of the designer, but I'm fairly certain that when (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

I know I am looking forward to the Liberty set more than any other expensive set I want. After the main model, it will be to work out some other copper or bronze monuments. And the roofs... Also "swimming pool color" places. (...) Modern times are (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H bulk pages are too slow

Bring back HTML ver 1.0! :) Build On! John Matthews Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39F08218.EEDF5E...ane.edu... (...) transparent (...) (maybe (...) (Mac (...) scrolling was (...) 4.72. (...) shopping. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

I am certain that the original designer of the Statue of Liberty understood that as copper ages it gains a patina. The patina actually helps to preserve the metal, and the color is quite remarkable. These are properties of copper that make it a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Well according to the latest catalog, Lego is calling them new GREEN BRICKS. Rose Gary Istok wrote in message <39F057F0.406C3BAC@u...ch.edu>... (...) grey, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Ideas! (Was Re: S@H bulk pages are too slow)

That's interesting. Using IE 5.5 on my DSL line from home, I have no complaints *at all* about the performance of (URL) said, I think they could take a couple of LARGE hints from well-done B2C e-commerce sites like Amazon, etc. and make the site (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Does anyone think that this model of the statue coming out in the green color rather strange given that after it's restoration, the Statue of Liberty is now the color of new untarnished copper? I know it's rather strange, but if the original (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Ah... sorry. I was replying to all of the messages in general and yours happened to be the one I replied to. I guess I forgot to delete the first line.. (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H bulk pages are too slow

(...) snip... (...) I agree too. When web pages are designed to be fancy rather than functional, I try not to surf them. Thing is, lego.com doesn't look fancy. It just takes forever to look at, and the wait isn't worth it, IMO. Mark K. (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

I concur with John's description. As an architect myself, I would call it 'patina green' (depending of course on the real LEGO brick appearance). The Staute of liberty (according to architects and metalsmiths) is a pantina copper color (111 years (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

I didn't write what Greg quoted me as writing. I said, and as any good Architect[1] knows, the color is well known as 'patina green'. Build On! John Matthews [1] When I say Architect, I mean the kind of architect that designs buildings. Greg (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H bulk pages are too slow

(...) shopping. (...) I agree, I have a DSL line and use IE 5.0 and it is terribly slow. While I don't know much about HTML I think the problem is in how they programmed their left hand navigation menu with all their drop down sub-menus. Other sites (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  S@H bulk pages are too slow

I just went to the Shop at Home Bulk pages to check the price of the transparent thin walls. Wow, is that site slow. I am on an Ethernet connected to a T3 (maybe more than 1?) line, and it took three to four minutes for the page to load (Mac OS9, G3 (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I agree that we should keep it simple. My favorite choices are: 1) Antique Green 2) Weathered Green 3) Dull Green Gary Istok (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I am against ANY name that ties a concept to a particular theme, or particular thing. This applies to color names and it applies to parts. I think it's regrettable that some of the LDraw part names for parts used in a number of themes have (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Well, since we are in picky word mode here, I thought I might point out the subtle, but important differences between liberty and freedom. Both quotes are taken from dictionary.com's definitions of liberty and freedom. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I think keeping it simple like the rest of the color names is good. Here's a few more - faded green or weathered green. I wonder what TLC is calling it? I mean besides NEW :-) Julie (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I was thinking along those lines too, but I think 'Liberty Green', due to the uniqueness of the Statue and the uniqueness (up to this point) of the set. We may never see these colour bricks elsewhere, though I hope we do. pete.w (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

In lugnet.general, John Matthews writes: Since we haven't given any other color a fancy name (light blue and dark grey, and not charcoal or azure, etc) I think that we should stick to something simple like "Dull Green." greg (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

As copper weathers, it gains a patina. This is what gives the copper the green color. I would suggest 'patina green' as the name we use for the color. Build On! John Matthews Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I'm Canadian, and I still think it's a good name. The statue that the model is made of is known around the world, (and wasn't it in fact built in France anyway?) It represents freedom, which we will have at least a little more of with the new (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Water Temple MOC

I'm hoping that it is not a pipe dream to be able to order 2x2 rounds in the future! In fact, I'm counting on it so I can add proper columns to my currently "columnless" group of buildings (Brad: white 2x2s please). I agree with you - ordering (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Steve Bliss wrote: <snip> (...) Yeah, so what's your point? <g,d,r> -John (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) "Liberty Green" seems kinda US-centric to me. If this is the only set this color is used in, it won't matter, but if verdigris starts popping up in other themes, it would matter. Steve (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Technically, I think verdigris would be the best. However, if someone who didn't know the etymology of the term read a description stating that a 1x2 brick was "verdigris", they would have no clue as to what color the brick was unless they had (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Technic Beams Needed

When I called S@H yesterday to (finally) order dozens of the 5235 Technic beam pack, I discovered to my horror that it was permanently out of stock. Technic beams are more basic to me than a 2x4 brick - I expected to buy hundreds of the 5235. (If (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  shop.lego.com, wishlist mailing does not appear to work...

I've tried several times now to mail my wishlist to myself as a test before I send it out to friends and relatives. Twice yesterday and once today, in all cases, I never see the mail! Just to make sure that it wasn't a case of LEGO filtering out (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) copper. (...) enough to (...) that (...) color. (...) I think of lava soap when I see it. Therefore, I'll always think of it as Lava Soap Green. best LFB (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I have to say I feel the same way. (the other) eric (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) The "green brass" etymology I mentioned before can be found at (URL) n. [F. vert-de-gris, apparently from verd, vert, green + de of + gris gray, but really a corruption of LL. viride aeris (equivalent to L. aerugo), from L. viridis green + (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

I vote for 'verdigris' as well. If there is already a word or phrase for something, why make up another word or phrase. eric (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Spelled correctly, as you point out, dictionary.com reveals this: [Middle English vertegrez, from Old French verte grez, alteration of vert-de- Grice: verd, green; see verdure + de, of (from Latin d); see de- + Grice, Greece.] "Verde" in (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) eliminates (...) green") of (...) green" is (...) that (...) color. (...) I've suggested "Liberty Green" before. It's both very easy to remember, and descriptive as well because it associates the colour with the set it first appeared in. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk ordering

(...) additional note : When you are looking to the American Bulk pages, you will find the quantities of every package, BUT .... I'm looking to the Belgian bulk pages and there are no quantities on these pages ! Why is this different ? regards, Ludo (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Once people use it, you will. I vote for verdigris as well. Failing that I would prefer gray-green rather than antique or copper green. (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

I checked my french-english dictionary (it's only a pocket one, so it's not very complete) and neither word was in the french side... (my guess is that this is only *derived* from french) the translation from english Verdigris to french is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

I like Gary's suggestion. "Antique" suggests the weathered copper, and eliminates the confusion by having the color "copper" in the description (ie "copper green") of a basically green element. "Sea green" is okay, too, but I think "antique green" (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Hi, Oops, my mistake. Excuse me a moment. <Removes foot from mouth> That's better. I guess I don't speak french as well as I think ;-) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

seems french to me, and spelled correctly too: (URL) turns up this: No entry found for "verdegris" in the dictionary. :) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I speak French, I am pretty sure the word isn't originally French. My guess would be Italian. Also I believe the spelling is: verdegris. I may be wrong. Kev Z 142 (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

It's new, trust me. If you've seen it in person, you KNOW it's new. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I don't speak Fench, but verdigris sounds like gray-green to me. (Well, green-gray, actually). IMO, gray-green is fairly descriptive and easy to remember. --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Or Grey-Green? That's the literal translation of "verdigris", after all (though the etymology is actually supposedly a corruption of the words for "green brass"). Doug (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) How about Sea Green? Dave! (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Verdigris is a lot to try and remember, but Copper Green is counter intuitive (IMHO) because copper isn't usually green... Actually, what I really want is proof that this "new" green is, in fact, completely new, and not a light green that's (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Dan's sugguested "Copper Green", I agree that verdigris is too much, i'll never remember it :) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) The name for a weathered copper color is "VERDIGRIS" (verd-dig-gris). But that might be a mouthful. We should come up with a universal Lego name for this color. Say....... Antique Green, or??? Gary Istok (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

I don't know that Microsoft are anything even coming near malevolent. Misguided, maybe, but certainly not with "malicious" intent, which your malevolent implies. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde Ran <ran@netgate.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H shop site and 8479 :-(

(...) For those who want a 8479 I have 2 MISB. I can sell then for $160. Shipping air mail from Canada to U.S. will be around US$20 using air mail (I'll have to confirm this). That is, I believe, reasonably close to the price you'd pay from Lego. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  S@H shop site and 8479 :-(

My paper catalog indicates that I can order the 8479 barcode multi-set, but when I try to do so by entering 8479 in the item number search, I'm told this set is not available in this country (United States). Does "not available in any store" include (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) It's a new color, a light green that is supposed to look like weathered copper. Personally, I plan to get at least one copy to see if there are parts enough to make a copper roof. eric (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

What color is the Statue of Liberty? (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bulk ordering

Hi to the one of Lego who read this. Is it possible to add the quantity of bricks there are in each individual bulk package? I see only the order number, color, model of brick and price, but no quantity. I , and perhaps everyone, would like to know (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) But I credit Larry with enough intelligence to tell when he's being BS'ed. (...) I have no doubt that this holds true for the 'overflow' agency that LEGO contracts with. My guess is that things are somewhat above average at S@H, based on the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Water Temple MOC

(...) That's an outstanding design, Brad. Good work. I've X-posted this to lego.direct, because I think it makes a point relevant to Lego Direct: Wow. *THIS* is the sort of thing we want to be able to do. Sure, it's a pipe dream to be able to order (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Not a problem: there are no patches to browse for, because Microsoft stopped supporting everything of theirs that I own years ago ;-) (...) Me, too. But I get them because I know they've built a back door into the Exploder to support the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Where did I say BJ does not exist? Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Or someone who SAYS he's Brad, has tapped into the TLC switchboard, and has enough bulk LEGO in his personal collection to send you several K8's of it for your kids play area, anyway. Not proof enough. :-) Right, Scott? FUT to o-t.fun ++Lar (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) I didn't notice any unreasonable slowness on the hi-band site over a cable modem. I doubt it's the design that's causing the slowness you had; I imagine either the server or the network was overloaded when you visited the site. (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Scott A" <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message news:G2LIru.I8L@lugnet.com... (...) liar, (...) after a (...) know (...) When I was graduating from college I sent a graduation announctment to the President (Ronald Reagan at the time). A few weeks (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) No, no -- that's just crusty ol' Lar. Everyone loves him and the effusions that spill from his lips. You and I on the other hand... =) -- Richard (far less serious than some apparently think, but I do say what I mean -- it's just that Lugnet (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

<cut> (...) Sounds right. (...) Indeed. (...) You dare to order me about... sounds pretty impolite to me. :-) Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) In that case, you're going to *love* browsing the Microsoft site whenever you need to go there to get a patch for something. I always get the heebeejeebeees (sp?) whenever visiting that site, mainly because you have to try several different (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Brad exists - I have talked to him on the phone. Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web page: (URL) Park: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Yup. You, as a child, were fooled, and Brad, who has talked to Todd on the phone, posts his own stuff. To paraphrase (and let me apologise in advance if you don't get this joke) "Todd said it, I believe it, and that settles it!" I tried (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Yes, and even so your nice Mr Bush looks like he is going to win. Scott A (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) When I was a kid, I wrote a letter to Dennis the Menace. He wrote back after a month or so with a bland letter which was both signed by him and his dog (Gnasher). My father confirmed to me that this was the real McCoy. So either I was fooled (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) I think either Larry needs a beer, or Scott need a beer, or I'm lying to you, or you're both wrong, or you're both secret agents of TLC. I know which way I'm betting. :-) /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Larry, I could recount countless “conversations” with telesales people. They all tell me _their_ product is great, they use it, there mother uses etc etc. They always sound happy as they work for great companies... and they always appear to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Yes. "She" signed all LEGO communications (letters in response to consumer letters, little blurbs in catalogs, etc.) both here and in the UK for many years. (...) Todd told me that Brad told him. So either Todd was fooled, Todd is a liar, I'm (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Well, I don't know about homes made of LEGO, the actual discount limits per year are not that generous (I know the numbers but won't be specific). But I know several S@H employees by name (I do talk to them a lot) and more of *them* know who (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

[.general snipped, in deference to recently-expressed opinions about its over-use] (...) I'm sure they don't. Especially those "regular moms", who seem to be doing as superb a job for their other phone customers as they have for me, and who are (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) interested I (...) That's not the only wrong placed set: - You will find the set #7184 MTT in the LEGO > Technic > Star Wars section although it is an LEGO > Themes > Star Wars > Episode I set. - You will find the set #3439 Spy Runner in the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

If you look at the description of the set at (URL) , there is a link to the directions - (URL) that it uses 2x2/3/4/8 bricks. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

Uh...have you seen the Statue of Liberty??? It has an all new dusty green!!!!! It is a cool model too! (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Let me add to this that not two hours after my post about the cookie error on the shop site I had an email from LEGO (tech. supp. I guess) acknowledging the problem and giving me a solution. Apparently the problem occurs if you have cookies (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Hopefully it's just because we're all hitting the pages at once. :) It *is* slow; doing a text-only dump of the top-level page from a system on 100MB ethernet connected to the Internet via an OC-12 takes 12.38 seconds (ah, but an OC-12 to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Since when is 7101 Lightsaber Duel a "Classic" SW set? If LEGO is interested I am willing to be payed lots of LEGO to help proofread the site. <grin> Why does the same menu have to relaod every page!?! This portion of the site is too slow on (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) I did not say you said that? (...) I have never heard of here? Should I have? (...) He may well. (...) How do you know this? Ask any PA how many letters / mails here boss writes. (...) So LEGO only read this group as rule? Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) I bet they love LEGO too, and spend all their spare time playing with the stuff. Perhaps there homes are made of LEGO too - they must get tonnes of it on discount. Or maybe they are just moms & students hoping to help pay the bills - and would (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes: Great news... Will LS@H pick up the Kabaya promotional sets. very respectfully, don (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) You go right ahead and read it that way if you like, but it's not what I said, and it's not what I meant. I mean, I just said in the very post you referenced that I was referring to that a rep called me and in the course of fixing up a problem (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Really? I read it as "some S@H staff know about Lugnet and read it on their own time; like other human beings, they like getting feedback, but don't appreciate rudeness" Out of curiosity, how do you infer from the above that S@H personnel are (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) I read this as: Some marketing guy browses ths list once a week/month. Every now and then he'll write a post/advert and stick BJ's name on end. Scott A BTW Are you saying it is OK to be "rude" in other groups? (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

A few new snippets of information that I got because there was a small problem with my CC (not all the digits took, a problem ticket is open on that) and I got called (in the UK on my mobile, as it turned out). U is indeed a new order confirmation (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Yes it is horrible. Never seen a page that would hit 100% CPU when everything is drawn and there is no animation. May be it is on purpose to match the "horror" theme of holloween? <sign> And where is the "next page" button when it list the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) O, me too. I guess I didn't look at this thing very long, blurry as it was. 1 x Y is way better than 2 x Y as far as I am concerned. -- Richard (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) I am seeing the same problem on one of the machines in my office, running Win2000 using IE5. The site works fine on my NT4 machine running IE5. But the site is basically unuseable anyway, as it is ridiculously slow. Not that this is a big (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Yes and no. This pumpkin is built entirely from 2x orange bricks; the Halloween bucket gave us 1x orange bricks. It contains seven 2x2 (brand new), sixteen 2x3s (brand new), and eleven 2x4s (brand new), along with nine 2x8s (available in only (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) I think these were available before... 2x4 and 2x8 plates were, anyway, along with 1x6 plates. The bulk pages seem to be a rearrangement (in a non logical order) of what was there before except for the pumpkin. FUT market.shopping. ++Lar (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) My thinking exactly. While i happen to be in the UK at the mo, the order is to my home address in the US. U for US, X for everywhere else? More data needed. ++Lar (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: Shop at Home up and running?

I got the cookie error also, but only when trying to access directly to a referenced page from one of the previous posts. When I go in through the front door, (shop.lego.com) everything seems fine. Jeff Jeffrey Hazen North Mill Technology (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home

I almost took the bait here, but I know better...... so I'll say this only once..... RICHARD LIGHTEN UP!!!...!!! You take life too seriously! Gary Istok (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) Anyone else getting a 'must be able to accept cookie' error accessing shop.lego.com? I have IE 5 on Win98, default security settings, and I get plenty of cookies. I'm looking at a current Lego.com cookie in fact. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop at Home up and running?

(...) I already ordered my Pumpkin #3731 a few hours ago and recieved a different (even lower) confirmation code: X00000xx The TWO small x are actually numbers which I will not reveal either, but the first letter has been an X (though a large (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact