 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 922
Re: S@H shop site and 8479 :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:16:40 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Peter Vogel writes:
My paper catalog indicates that I can order the 8479 barcode multi-set, but
when I try to do so by entering 8479 in the item number search, I'm told
this
set is not available in this country (United States).  Does "not available
in any
store" include S@H store? :-(

Also, none of the S@H specials (in Technic at least) are showing up
either...

On the other hand, I am quite happy with the ease of placing an order, the
only way I could be happier is if there were a "one click order" mechanism
if I'm logged in so that I can just click myself into the poorhouse :-)

Also, if things that were out of stock could automatically be made part of a
separate order from the things that were in stock, so that I get the in
stock
order right away and the rest when it is available.  This may be the case
already, but I saw no evidence to that effect, so I got spooked and pulled
the minifig out of the order I wanted right away...

Finally, I notice the mindstorms section has some things in odd places, and
some
things are missing:
   Cannot find temp. sensor
   Cannot find rotation sensor by itself
   Droid kits listed as "Expansion Sets"
   Ultimate Accessory set not in "Expansion Sets" but is in "Accessories"
My advice on this topic: If in doubt which category a set belongs in, put
it in both!

Thanks LEGO I love being able to order on-line!
-Peter

For those who want a 8479 I have 2 MISB. I can sell then for $160. Shipping air
mail from Canada to U.S. will be around US$20 using air mail (I'll have to
confirm this). That is, I believe, reasonably close to the price you'd pay from
Lego.

Eric