 LEGO Company / 1983
Re: New LEGO Stores!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:33:01 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
   In our effort to bring a little slice of LEGO heaven all corners of the world, we have 6 new LEGO stores coming soon!

Bellevue, WA
Santa Clara, CA
San Mateo, CA
Bridgewater, NJ
McLean, VA
Rockaway, NJ

(For more details, keep an eye on the LEGO Stores Web site. We’ll soon be updating with more info.

Hopefully this will make some folks (I know the San Franciscans for sure!) happy.

And yes, I know there are still a great many cities that don’t have a LEGO store close by, and we’re working on that. We can only do so much at a time!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

It’s great to know this, but what does it really matter? I live in Minn and the only thing the Lego store at the MOA offers that I can’t get at the local Walmart or Target is PAB. (Unfortunately, the one here, in general, stinks. Same old basic brick offerings for 6 months.)

At least Target and Walmart, they clearance things out and you can get some good deals. The MOA store doesn’t receive any new sets faster than the local stores. For example, Kohl’s just had a buy 1 get 1 half off sale, so I was able to pickup some of the new HP sets cheaper. If the Lego stores did this kind of thing more often than just at Christmas, then YES, let’s get some more Lego stores!

Worst off, any damaged boxes and products get sent off to another store or bought by the employees. So general public never gets deals on these.

Lastly, MOA store hasn’t even updated their scuptures for years. Get some new stuff in PLEASE! The only new stuff is created by the employees and displayed in some of the cases.

Brian K>