 LEGO Company / 2053
Re: New LEGO Stores!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 01:25:41 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Michael Harrod wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Brian P. Gefrich wrote: • (stuff) I don’t know that ‘bland’ is exactly the word I was looking to use; although it is definitely ‘bright’, the new layout is taking some getting used to.....And granted, “the main attraction” of the Capitol is a sorely missed ‘wow factor’ for folks who haven’t ever been in the store or haven’t been in a while. I don’t know....it may well be sensory overload for me personally; it may also be that because I’ve got so much lego at my fingertips at home now, I’m just not ‘inspired’ by the new fixtures. And though it surely will be there in some form, I’ve been told repeatedly that the PaB selection will only be those items the other stores have turned down.

I do not mean any of these comments to be slams against the LEGO Company or LEGO Brand Retail.

Play On!!! M

I believe what it actually is with the PAB is that our selection will consist of low sellers and overstocks of other stores. I don’t think the stores had a choice of which elements to stock. Needless to say, that means we won’t have the greatest selection ever, but I don’t think anyone at the store was expecting that, and you will have the new store for that.

As for the refit, we altered a number of things to respond to many suggestions about the layout of our store and especially the selection. We changed things to make those things possible (i.e. newer product faster) and we have received as many good comments as bad. As it is, many of the bad comments have had the Capital ties in there, and personally, I’m happier to have it sent as part of an international endeavor, where it will be restored and maintained in ways we never could in this staff. No one will ever go into Legoland and shrug it off because they work there everyday like here. I’m proud that our Capital will be part of the display, and I’m happy that we can show more product to the customers, and I’m glad that we have the models we still have to inspire people to do more.

But thank you for the thoughts. I appreciate every bit of input I can get about the layout and the product, both for the new and old stores.

One thing though, I don’t think the people not getting a new store near them would be thinking about what they will look like as much. Maybe we’re just spoiled. :p

-Brian P. Gefrich

(The views stated here on store layouts and red roof peak elements are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of the LEGO Company or LEGO Brand Retail)