 LEGO Company / 3451
Re: New LEGO Stores!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 00:43:55 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
   And yes, I know there are still a great many cities that don’t have a LEGO store close by, and we’re working on that. We can only do so much at a time!

I’m just waiting for one to open up in Michigan. Grand Rapids or Lansing would probably be a regular run, and I could even hit one in Detroit a couple times a year, but Chicago is considerably less than convenient for me. It seems very odd that some large cities already have multi-store clusters while nearby large cities have none, and huge chunks of the US are completely devoid of them. The location selection process doesn’t involve in some way a dartboard and a blindfold, does it?

Hey David, living in an eastern suburb of Detroit, I feel your pain! With 10 million in the state of Michigan plus another 10 million in each Ohio and Ontario, and no Lego store, we all feel your pain!

But I think the clustering of stores has more to do with a distribution network.

I guess we’ll just have to wait.... waiting.... waiting.... waiting....

Gary Istok