 LEGO Company / 1989
Re: New LEGO Stores!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:16:45 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
   In our effort to bring a little slice of LEGO heaven all corners of the world, we have 6 new LEGO stores coming soon!

Bridgewater, NJ

Rockaway, NJ

And yes, I know there are still a great many cities that don’t have a LEGO store close by, and we’re working on that. We can only do so much at a time!

Jake,

Is there a reason why there is no store in NYC yet? (Something to do with the Times Square TRU maybe?). There are so many other ‘brand’ stores here that it really baffles me why there isn’t a Lego Store yet.

Jonathan

I was actually going to complain about the proliferation of stores near NYC, I believe these will make 4 in the general area.

I guess it’s a question of either a short drive out of NYC into Jersey, or a long drive for me down the Thruway from Syracuse, NY to the NYC area. Proximity such as what NYC has, I feel, is not worth complaining about.

I end up going to a LEGO brand store only when I can swing near one on a vacation; the last time was the VA store while I was searching for colleges.

I’d kill to be able to be close enough to visit once a month.

-John