 General / 6190
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:43:05 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Hey Todd, can we take a vote?

My guess is that a lot more people would support Larry, especially if
they really think about his responses to this and other debates.

Sanjay did gloat. Perhaps he didn't really intend to, but he did. Larry
called him on it (in his usual direct "don't beat around the bush" way).

I have been fortunate to know Larry two ways-- From having read his posts for half
a year, and then in person for half a year.  So you  can believe me when I say
that Lar is a good egg.  He's honest, fair, smart, direct, funny, but a little
misguided [1].  He's not perfect (though he'll try to convince you he is;) but
overall a person you would want in your corner.

Think he's an ass?  Fine.  Your perogative.  Your issues.  My guess is that the
people who have known Lar the longest are the people who think Lar is okay, which
in my mind is how it should be.  A suggestion:  Try to see beyond the schtick, see
if he's fair.  I think you'll find he is.

[1] hasn't had the epiphany of 8 wide utopia yet;-)

-John

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com