 General / 6169
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:44:02 GMT

I think I would have to agree with Larry on this issue. Whether or not Sanjay
was arrogant or whatever is beside the point. I am glad he had the opportunity
to do a bulk sale, but for the rest of us, who do pay high prices for sets and
parts, and whose frustration grows every week it seems with TLG, etc. (I just
dropped $650.00 on space sets), him finding it amusing is a tad bit troublesome.

Scott Sanburn

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Steve Berry wrote:
<Larry qouted Sanjay saying>:
I must admit that during this time I'd monitor various parts auctions with
some amusement.  Here was I able to order pieces at ridiculous prices while
others had to fight it out for certain pieces.

<but forgot to say it was Sanjay, he only said "from the original
append" which he thought, mistakenly, was clear enough>

Whoa!  I did not say this and it's unfortunate you decided to base most of
your counter-point on something I didn't say!  I don't know where you got
this paragraph from, but it wasn't mine, so I won't even honor it with a
direct reply.

Sorry if you didn't read carefully enough, as I *did* leave out that I
was quoting Sanjay... but you were making the argument that Sanjay
(quoting you)

handled this whole discussion with fairness and class.

and I posted a quote from Sanjay's original append which I think pretty
much destroys that notion.

That's it. That's my entire point, basically. Instead of thinking about
how to benefit himself and the community, and maybe show TLG that
there's money in bulk sales, he kept this basically to himself and was
amused at how the rest of us paid through the nose... after it was over
he came out and told us all what a great deal he had.

Bully for him. But I for one didn't appreciate hearing about it. He
should have just kept it to himself instead of bragging about it.

if that makes me a pompous jerk, so be it. But I don't think so. I'd say
instead it was someone else. Someone who was bragging about what a great
deal he had and how he had a special relationship with TLG NZ and how he
had to keep it secret or else he'd have to go back the squalid existence
the rest of us have where we have to buy our parts at exorbitant prices.

Spare me.

However you should not be afraid to say what you feel about me or anyone
else here, that's not the sort of place this is.

lugnet.