 General / 6147
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 03:13:38 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Come on out and say who you're talking about, if you don't mind.
Especially if it is me, because I just don't buy your line of reasoning.

O.K., yes, it's you Larry.  Fine, you don't buy my reasoning; like I'm
supposed to be surprised by this!

I'll try to explain one more time. Suppose Sanjay knew he was going to
order blue tiles, and contacted people he suspected might want blue
tiles... telling them that he would NOT accept any requests for anything
he didn't already plan to order. I bet lots of people would jump at the
chance. No additional impact to TLG in looking up parts. But good for
the whole community, not just good for one person. And I would have been
glad to pay extra as would many others. Beats paying a dollar a tile.

Alright, so you made a point.  I don't have a problem with your underlying
philosophy/approach to bulk ordering.  As a matter of fact, I agree with
most of it, just not who it's directed to.  I have a problem with the way
you came down on the guy, even though I'm sure Sanjay can speak for himself.
Again, it's a TOY Larry...O.K.?  Yes, a wonderful toy, but a toy.  Don't you
have bigger fish to fry or concerns of a larger scale?

I must admit that during this time I'd monitor various parts auctions with
some amusement.  Here was I able to order pieces at ridiculous prices • while
others had to fight it out for certain pieces.

Whoa!  I did not say this and it's unfortunate you decided to base most of
your counter-point on something I didn't say!  I don't know where you got
this paragraph from, but it wasn't mine, so I won't even honor it with a
direct reply.

Hey, life isn't fair, but I don't appreciate it when my nose is rubbed
in it and I'm not bashful about it either.

Fine, I won't be bashful either.  Never have I seen someone so educated and
intelligent stoop to such childish remarks.  Maybe others are afraid to tell
you this here and maybe I'll get kicked off Lugnet for saying it in this
newsgroup, but you're a pompous jerk (and I'm sure many here will think the
same of me for saying it), and IMO, this whole thread proves my point about
how you conduct yourself.  So, Todd, you have my permission to
suspend/obliterate my posting priviledges -- it was worth it.

And, Larry, take this to debate all you want, I'm not going with you.  I've
got better things to do than to get attacked by you and your pals.

Take care,
Steve Berry