 General / 6148
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 03:32:10 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
news:37AA4A2C.3D491047@voyager.net...

I must admit that during this time I'd monitor various parts auctions • with
some amusement.  Here was I able to order pieces at ridiculous prices • while
others had to fight it out for certain pieces.

Don't really see these two statements as all that compatible from a
class perspective, and certainly not fair either. You think it's fair
that the GMLTC's founding member dropped 120K on parts in order to
promote Lego for TLG, but Sanjay hogged all the parts he could get to
himself and laughed at everyone else paying ourageous prices?

Laughing?  No.  I said "with SOME amusement".   Sure, I'm shelfish sometimes
I'll admit but then again who isn't?

But it didn't sit too comfortably with me seeing people who I had traded
sucessfully with in the past shell out big bucks for pieces I could get for
very little.  But at the end of the day there was very little I could do.

As for hogging, well I'll certainly laugh at that statement.  50% of my last
two orders have gone to AFOL's overseas.  I won't name them but because of
their willingness to go out of their way to help me I had no hesitation in
replying in kind.

I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm some kind of angel because I'm not
but I certainly wasn't hogging anything.

In all honesty I've enjoyed the various discussions on this topic.  If
anything it's made me realise just how passionate some people are about
LEGO.  It sadden's me though that the really creative people in this
community may never get the chance I got.

Sanjay