 General / 6145
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 02:36:28 GMT

Steve Berry wrote:

Exactly!  I've been following this thread a bit, and I am rather surprised
at the hostility expressed towards Sanjay by one person in particular.

Come on out and say who you're talking about, if you don't mind.
Especially if it is me, because I just don't buy your line of reasoning.

I'll try to explain one more time. Suppose Sanjay knew he was going to
order blue tiles, and contacted people he suspected might want blue
tiles... telling them that he would NOT accept any requests for anything
he didn't already plan to order. I bet lots of people would jump at the
chance. No additional impact to TLG in looking up parts. But good for
the whole community, not just good for one person. And I would have been
glad to pay extra as would many others. Beats paying a dollar a tile.

Good for you Sanjay!  You've handled this whole discussion with  **fairness and
class** <emphasis mine>, even after some rather uncalled for comments.

From the original append:

I must admit that during this time I'd monitor various parts auctions with
some amusement.  Here was I able to order pieces at ridiculous prices while
others had to fight it out for certain pieces.

Don't really see these two statements as all that compatible from a
class perspective, and certainly not fair either. You think it's fair
that the GMLTC's founding member dropped 120K on parts in order to
promote Lego for TLG, but Sanjay hogged all the parts he could get to
himself and laughed at everyone else paying ourageous prices?

Hey, life isn't fair, but I don't appreciate it when my nose is rubbed
in it and I'm not bashful about it either.

And as for THIS from Tim:

(I don my flame suit too) - It seems like the 'one person in particular'
you mention is more interested in Lego as a moneymaking scheme than a fun,
exciting hobby.

You BETTER don your flame suit if you're talking about me, is all I can
say.

lugnet.