 General / 6144
Re: Your favorite loc-group messages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 02:30:23 GMT

Followups redirected to lugnet.admin.general ...

The Raleigh/Durham area has two local groups, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral and
lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur.  This should probably be collapsed into something like
lugnet.loc.us.nc.triangle or lugnet.loc.us.nc.rdu.  The entire Triangle area
is little more than a million people, not very big compared other major US
metropolitan areas.  While each major city in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham,
and Chapel Hill) have their own unique charaterisics, from the LUGNET
perspective there is no real gain in differentiating them.  Anything posted
in .ral is just as appropriately posted in .dur.  I frequently forget to
post in .dur because most of the discussions are happening in .ral.  The
local hierarchy for the UK was recently collaspsed, I think this one should
be considered as well.

My two cents worth ...

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh