 General / 6074
6073  |  6075
Subject:
Your favorite loc-group messages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 06:36:52 GMT

Which loc groups are having the most fun???  Send me your favorite URLs :)

I've started a collection of "success stories" to point people to when they
ask what the loc groups are for.  Someday this will be a web page, or maybe
a section in the FAQ.

Here are some of my favorite loc-group messages...  Most of these are things
which probably never would have comfortably seen the light of day in a
broad, general-purpose group; many would have been relegated to (lost in)
private email.  (But the very purpose of the loc groups is to give homes to
esoteric and otherwise off-topic messages such as these.  So the loc groups
are your place to jabber about local stuff!  :)

Local shopping info...
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/wa/per/?n=74    (Perth, Australia)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/nz/?n=56           (New Zealand)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/bos/?n=116   (Boston, MA)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/nc/ral/?n=49    (Raleigh, NC)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/tx/aus/?n=45    (Austin, TX)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/oh/col/?n=68    (Columbus, OH)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/wi/mil/?n=15    (Milwaukee, WI)

Getting directions...
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/mn/msp/?n=72    (Twin Cities, MN)

Impromptu get-togethers...
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/ca/bc/vic/?n=11    (Victoria, BC)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/co/den/?n=53    (Denver, CO)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/mn/msp/?n=89    (Twin Cities, MN)

Followups after get-togethers...
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ca/sf/?n=51     (San Francisco, CA)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/bos/?n=45    (Boston, MA)

Planning more serious get-togethers...
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/sc/lo/edb/?n=9  (Edinburgh, Scotland)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ca/sd/?n=8      (San Diego, CA)

Organizing more formal user-groups/clubs...
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ca/sf/?n=68     (San Francisco, CA)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/va/?n=8         (Northern Virginia)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/?n=45        (New England)

Just getting in touch...
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/co/den/?n=106   (Denver, CO)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/oh/col/?n=11    (Columbus, OH)

Speaking the local tongue...
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/at/wi/wie/?n=3     (Austria)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/br/?n=4            (Brazil)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/de/by/mue/?n=7     (Germany)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/dk/?n=9            (Denmark)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/es/ct/bar/?n=3     (Spain)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/nl/hz/rot/?n=16    (Holland)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/no/os/osl/?n=6     (Norway)
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/se/?n=19           (Sweden)

Any other good ones?

--Todd

p.s.  BTW, you can subscribe to any or all of the loc groups by mail!

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/