 General / 6073
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 05:43:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
I agree totally.  I got lucky and made the most of it.  It just suprises me
why TLG doesn't support organisations such as PNLTC or GMLTC.  No doubt
members of these groups have made approaches to TLG but why they continue to
ignore the adult market may well remain a mystery for some time yet.

I've impressed upon the SPM of the opportunities for bulk ordering.  He
himself has made mention of his ideas in this area to his former manager who
took up a high ranking management position back in Denmark 6 months ago.
Maybe, just maybe the message may get through.  Only time will tell.

On the other hand perhaps you may have better luck if you did indeed change
your first name to Sanjay.   ;-)

Sanjay

Just like everyone else who has read this and replied, I wish that I could
have had an opportunity fomr something like this, and do agree TLG is being
very stupid by not offering it as a part of their sales.

But, I see absolutely no reason to be bitter towards the opportunity Sanjay
has had.  Any one of us would have taken full advantage of a service like this
if we had the chance.  It just happened to him through getting to know the SPM
at Lego NZ.  I myself am happy for him.  I am waiting to see his completed
town project.  Yes, I would love to order bulk and make a fleet of Encom E-43
transports [1] for Zacktron and to experiment with various designs.  I have
absolutely no bitterness towards him, in fact I rejoice with him in the
incredible opportunity he has had.

Yes, I can clearly see how this could have become a big service towards online
Lego enthusiasts.  It would be wonderful.  But don't get bitter because one
person with a small (and I use the term loosely) project didn't tell the rest
of the world.  It was wise of Sanjay to respect the limitations of the SPM's
job and to make orders 'small' enough that he was able to take care of it
without it interfering with his regular duties.  It would have been
impractical to have a large scale operation run out of NZ anyways!  So don't
get mad at someone else's incredible opportunity.

I think it was wise of Sanjay to not go public with this information until
now.  If he did do so a year ago, he would have only brought hell upon himself
by practically asking for loads of email asking for parts.  He also would have
caught TLG's attention (I'm sure they monitor Lugnet... come on, it doesn't
take THAT much time to make a Town Jr. set - what do they do with the rest of
their time?) and they might have reprimanded the people at Lego NZ for such
action.

I hope that the SPM's proposals are given some weight in the apparently
strange land of Billund.  If these ideas are taken seriously, this could 1)
furnish us with so many blue train windows we wouldn't be able to even see the
floor and 2) bring TLG LOADS OF $$.  A bulk parts ordering service would not
only furnish the (relatively small) online Lego community, but also toy stores
and independent artists as well as the kid who can never have too many technic
gears.  The possibilities are endless, and the profits are endless for TLG if
they would clean up their act and offer an invaluable service like this.

In the mean time, contrats Sanjay!  And if you ever run out of uses for blue
tiles, well.....:)

[1] http://www.zacktron.com/alliance/mil/space/e-43.html

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Rubber chickens are the best applied use of polystyrene to date.

Get paid to surf the web!
Visit: http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DGO655