 General / 6552
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.[Star Wars Question]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:17:26 GMT

Lucas's group had final creative authority on the Star Wars sets.  (A former
model builder friend of mine I still talk to was on the design team.)  With any
luck, even TLG will see the viablity of high quality sets again.

-john

What I would love to know is the REAL reason the Star Wars sets are
non-juniorized. Is it because George Lucas forced it, or is it because
TLG really does want to make sets like that, but doesn't see market
viability, but saw that in the case of Star Wars, they could get away
with it because the collectors market would suck up enough units to
ensure profitability. If this second is the case, TLG will respond to
the demands of model railroaders if there is a sufficiently large market
(which I suspect there is).

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com