 General / 6186
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:58:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Mike Poindexter wrote:
Steve,

I think you will find more people who support you than who support Larry.  I
had thought he was a pompous jerk before I had my tiff with him.  Just
proved
my suspicions.

Hey Todd, can we take a vote?

My guess is that a lot more people would support Larry, especially if
they really think about his responses to this and other debates.

Sanjay did gloat. Perhaps he didn't really intend to, but he did. Larry
called him on it (in his usual direct "don't beat around the bush" way).

And what's the point in that?  Are you going to next suggest to publicly
chastise Sanjay for 'gloating' and all fatten your little egos?  It looks like
you're just trying to go to the polls to feed your immature urge to play the
arrogant and juvinilesque game of 'I told you so.'

There's ABSOLUTELY NO POINT in carrying this any further.  Sanjay is a GREAT
GUY who I happen to know fairly well.  He is not the type to gloat about any
findings of his, he was merely sharing information with the group.  Can't you
step back and be happy that SOMEONE [1] in the hobby [2] got this incredible
experience?  I know that this couldn't have happened to a better guy.

To jump on something like this reveals that all you guys have MUCH bigger
problems to deal with.  In the mean time, I suggest a new group:
lugnet.dev.pre-school, where you can deal with these problems, mostly in the
form of 'time outs.'

If you think Sanjay was arrogant and gloated, well, let me say this so you
will understand, 'it takes one to know one.'

[1] Well, he at least deserved it.  If I was TLG, I wouldn't sell bulk parts
to someone still on formula.

[2] HOBBY - yes, hobby.  Lego is a hobby.  Not a wargame.  And this group is
just that - a group where people are allowed to share their insights and
experiences with the hobby.  Its not a commune where everyone is required to
share their special privledges with each other.  Then again, you get blasted
just the same eh?

To quote Tom McDonald(1): "Go Tim, GO!!!"
Greg "http://www.zianet.com/area51/mst3k/813/chicken.wav" Majewski
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/
1- I think it is he who says that..
-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

The Melting Pot - where all the bad rubber chickens go.