 General / 6546
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:21:48 GMT

Mark & All;

Mark Harrison wrote:

They have changed strategic direction, pleasing individual customers is not a
priority once a company has established its dominance in the marketplace.

I would disagree to a point here, I think several Lugnet/RTL people would love
to place a few special orders, say for 5000 train doors or something to that
effect.

It was
always a lego CSO that was not designed and not required to show a profit. The
next service to go is the spare parts packs. This will probably be followed by
the damaged/lost instructions and pieces service offered by most lego customer
service offices around the world.

Gee, lets get our customers even madder at us! YES!

By removing these lego community services, lego reduces the need for staff in
these areas and reducing staff is always the simplest means of cost cutting. I
think things will only get worse until lego is openned up to public ownership as
the controlling family doesn't care about anything but making a profit.

Making a profit? They don't seem willing to make products that make a profit!
They could make gob's of money off of a few hours production run, say white 2x2
cylinders. I am not mad at you, I am frustrated with the current direction of
TLG is going, and I await another company to fill in their shoes if TLG goes
under. What a joke!

Scott Sanburn