 General / 30348
  LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

Hello LUGNET! I am proud to announce that I have posted 3 LEGO inspired fonts to a new web site my brother and I are developing. Please join us at Brick'n'Brack's Extremely Temporary Website: (URL) you will find: -Brick'n'Brack, our signature font (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

"MG" == Matthew Gerber <matthew@digitaliris.com> writes: MG> (URL) fonts. Just a suggestion: Would it be possible to create a brick-n-brack-like font from a more system-y viewpoint, i.e. the studs not right behind eachother, so it gets a more 3-d (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Just as soon as someone comes up with a way to type at a diagonal to a receeding horizon point. The physics just won't work in 2D space. (...) [What follows is not directed at anyone in particular, especially Johannes. My brother and I were (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) (OK, you asked!) Ah, but as someone creating web pages, you aren't JUST a designer, you are a usability/interaction _creator_. The web is not a tangible medium as print is. Yes, you are right, in print, the designer chooses the sizing of the (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

"MG" == Matthew Gerber <matthew@digitaliris.com> writes: (...) MG> Just as soon as someone comes up with a way to type at a diagonal to a MG> receeding horizon point. The physics just won't work in 2D space. No need for perspective projection, just (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Different medium. You are "printing" on my machine, not your own paper. That said, yes, I would (and have, and will) turn down physical things that were inappropriately sized. (...) I used to have this viewpoint as well, then I realised that I (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Web: Design vs. Use (was Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows)

(...) If that were the case, there would still be nothing but monospaced text on the Internet. Why Java, Shockwave, Flash, DHTML, etc., but to give the designer even MORE tools to put forth the message/image/etc. that they desire? Just like any (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Web: Design vs. Use (was Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows)

(...) And they ARE spiffy and thanks for sharing, let us not let that point get lost in the firestorm you are about to reap... (...) Yes, indeed, your perogative. And when you have something valuable to give away, you have a bit more leeway than (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Ah, but no one is forcing you to view the material! You make a concious decision to partake of what is offered. (...) Here again though, I have chosen to participate, and should live with what is offered-their vision of what their site should (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) You, in this case, asked for input. I gave it. Sorry that the input you asked for wasn't what you wanted to hear. But more importantly, there is value in complaining about things to the owners, even if that complaint is unsolicited. I complain (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) See below (...) See below (...) See below (...) See below (...) See below (...) Larry, you are truly the master of attributing your words and ideas to the wants/needs/desires/...ughts/etc. of others. If you have taken anything I have written (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

(Answered in .general, as I don't read .off-topic) "Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GDJ5u9.2BE@lugnet.com... (...) It's a bit different, as the book, mag. etc. is published on paper, with a non-changeable font - (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) The whole point of HTML is that it is not a static book or magazine, but a dynamic representation that is interpreted by the local style and preferences of the user. Much kludging has been done since the original DTD to try to allow marketing (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Not sure what you mean by that and not going to dig into it but it doesn't sound right to me. (...) I'm not taking anything personally, and I hope you aren't either. So I'm not insulted. What I am, however, is *confused* about where you are (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  RE: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) I *do* find it annoying when one tries to fit a legal size sheet of paper in a letter size folder, but that's beside the point. (...) I like to browse with the window maximized (at 1152x864 res) because it blocks out whatever other noise lurks (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber wrote: [snipped rant] (...) I think that webpages are in a different medium than print material, and the rules of one don't necessarily apply to the other. Forcing browser-window size changes is rude. Especially (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

A small typo slipped in... must have been cosmic rays, as I never make misteaks, just ask me. (...) this should read (...) Sorry about that. As of this post all the posters to this thread are against fixed size. But that is an totally unscientific (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) And see, I always browse with multiple browser windows open at one time, so I almost never maximize any of them so that I can easily switch between windows. (...) I agree, but as shown above, people have different ways of doing things. In (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Should, or shouldn't dictate? My view is that you can suggest, but should design for the ability to fit into the window the user is using (within reason, 200x300 may be a bit confining) and for resizability (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Oh...oops...thanks Larry! What I meant was *shouldn't* (...) ding ding ding...give that man a prize! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) I always have virtually all my windows maximized for reasons of visibility. Not only browser windows, but mostly everything. And I use ALT+TAB to change between them. It's as easy as a piece of cake, and I hardly use the mouse at all! :-) (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Personally, I made a conscious decision to check out your site out of interest and support for a fellow AFOL. Its a trust relationship between developer and user. You abuse my trust when you invite me into your domain and then monkey with my (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Yes, which is why it's so easy for me to leave and not come back once I realize a site is monkeying with my browser settings. I went and looked at your site. Wonderful fonts! Those are just toooo coool. I think they'd be great to make graphics (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

To begin with, let me say a public apology to Larry for my last post. It was uncalled for in a public forum, and a private apology has been sent. Now, I have seen some excellent and not so excellent points here, but what James writes strikes me as (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) I think any website that screws with my browser(resizing, forced pop-ups, etc.) must be destroyed. I "X"ed my window by accident trying to reset my window to full screen. Bablah@#$%&*&%$#@*&#...bbidyblah. Plhhzzzzzt! After reloading the page (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

Here's my various opinions about the various subjects in this thread: First, the fonts. I like them a lot ( except for the bionocle one-eww)! I can't wait for more! And I defiantly can't wait for icons and other desktop-like things... About the (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Like I said before I was more confused by what you were trying to get at than offended... (...) May I re-proffer my previous suggestion? Bring the user to a page that is a starting point... then: Launch a new window with your size coded in but (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

Hm, when I try to load the fonts (Win NT), it says they aren't valid fonts...I tried downloading to different directories, then loading into Fonts, no luck. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

I had no problem with my NT Workstation NT4 with service pack 6a? You have to copy and paste the *.ttf into the font directory and the system pre installer will pick up the new font for you? Well that worked for me -- Michael - - - Please reply on (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

NT4 SP4. I copied them into the Fonts directory, the system could not see them. So I downloaded them to another drive, and Explorer sees them, gives the TT font icon in it's display, but if I doubleclick on them, it says they are not valid fonts. If (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.general)

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GDJ5u9.2BE@lugnet.com... (...) wants (...) left (...) smaller (...) last (...) I (...) What (...) Resize my windows and I'll leave and never come back regardless of the content. If you (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

javascript where? (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

html and the web in general was designed to be about content not presentation about what was said not if it was 500 or 600 pixels wide (...) Daniel Staudt <dstaudt@hotmail.com> Lugnet NUT #872 I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message. (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

If you go back and read the thread, you'll find that the Java was removed. Matt (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.general)

"Daniel Staudt" <dstaudt@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3B0D6D3A.1DA186...ail.com... (...) And you are saying? I don't get it if you are agreeing with me, disagreeing, or just commenting on something completely different? Probably my lack of (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Hey Tom, I got the same thing with Windows 98, Second Edition. Any ideas why Matthew? (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

Unfortunately, it seems to be a 50/50 sort of thing...some users have no problems whatsoever, some just can't make the .ttf file work-I'm stymied myself. I don't remember if any success stories have been posted (I may have seen e-mail on it) but if (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.general)