 General / 25690
Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 01:21:34 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...

25+ year old CA sets still in their shrinkwrap have some signs of
deterioration, the CA outgasses and becomes a bit different. ABS doesn't
seem to outgas.

I'm not so sure... that is, I'm not certain that ABS _does_ outgas, but I've
smelt funny smells in containers of bricks that haven't been opened for a
while, that sort of suggest that it does (perhaps in some limited fashion).
I guess that the most conclusive experiment would utilise a variety of
containers of different materials. Anyone store their Lego in wooden or
metal containers?

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164