 General / 25525
Re: Bradley has stuff to say about all this! Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:38:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Petrucelli writes:
(Juniorized sets are clearly
geared toward the average kid.  Lego sets used to and should still be geared
toward the average kid who LIKES CONSTRUCTION TOYS.)

I know this was a side-note of your post and not your main point, but I think
it's worth commenting on.  It is a very accurate and concise analysis of what
a lot of us fear - TLC trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator to
increase sales instead of sticking to what made it so great.  If every toy
making company did this to the extreme, the world would be inundated with
Furbies.  Now there's a frightening thought.

More on-topic: I mostly agree that the Harry Potter thing is not a 'fad,' and
wholeheartedly agree that avid readers are just the type of market segment
that LEGO should pursue, ie. kids with attention spans greater than 30 seconds.

Jeff J