 General / 25533
Re: Radical statement!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:26:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:

Juniorization is good.

There, I said it. Juniorization is good, *IF* it is part of a progression in
the product line.

For example:

Primo - Primo vehicles - Duplo vehicles - Duplo trains - Town Jr 4561 -
"craftsman" trains.

4561 is not between Duplo and "crafstman" trains

Sure it is. You're missing my point by focusing on the features and flaws of
4561. I'm not claiming that was a perfect progression or gap free, just an
example of a progression.

4561 is clearly more sophisticated of a build than a duplo train. But less
than, say, a PCC and a doodlebug, which give you somewhere the same level of
model functionality (I don't have a complete train set as a comparision at
the moment but I'm working on it)

it is also less than Metroliner, and less complex (on a per piece basis)
than the crocodile.

TLC needs progressions that stay in the same theme. There needs to be
something AFTER Town Jr.

++Lar