 General / 25506
Re: Bradley has stuff to say about all this! Re: A VERY interesting article on the Lego Business
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:01:00 GMT

"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
Why must LEGO be for people who are children now?  People who were • children in
the golden age of LEGO (I grew up with 1990-1995 LEGO) still love it. • Don't
take away our LEGO just because we've grown up.

But the majority of kids DONT grow up with their lego - they forget it. Onlu
a few stay, and even fewer come back

Yeah, but look at the 1980s Castle and Space sets in the database. • They're
better.  LEGO went down because it did change, trying to keep with the • times,
and the sets aren't a neat as they once were.

But that just reinforces that they failed to change. what they should have
given us was themes for the current times, with the playability of the old.

What is BOB THE BUILDER??????

Its the BIG THING for little kids in the UK this year. A TV series.
The theme song is even the xmas number one in the pop charts.
Expect it to be like teletubbies was across the world last year.
Bob is a construction engineer thought, so it is VERY good match for Lego
town.

This will be the new lego town - but it will be very juniorized I guess.
Perhaps mybot type stuff applied to construction vehicles.
That would hit the spot

regards
lawrence