 General / 16722
Re: Time cruisers or Time losers? (was:Re: Pirate/castle helmet...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:57:06 GMT

I have a feeling that your message will get about a zillion responses, but
we'll see.

I actually bought up several time cruisers set on sale laster year from LEGO
shop-at-home (for about 1/2 price).

I was primarily interested in aquiring a few rare parts (some bubles, curved
blue windows, and the black spiral stair case).  The mix of the rest of the
parts was adequate enough to be useful at half price.

However, I wouldn't DREAM of using these sets as configured stock.  The
models are all really sloppy and obnoxious looking.  I think the idea of
making them semi-animated was cool, but it ends up being just a gimmick.

Anyhow, I don't hate the series.  It just seems a little mis-guided.  In
fact, I wouldn't mind picking up some of the othe sets (like the big time
lab) at a steep discount because I'm sure I'd find some funky use for those
bizarre parts.

Brad