 General / 16721
Re: I just died and went to lego heaven...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.il
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:48:46 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:
But thinking in two languages is so much harder than thinking in one. You have
to think twice as much! :-)
Also, when I came to the US I had a really tough time. I failed the math
honors test just because I didn't know the terminology - heck, I didn't know
what a hypotenuse was! (I knew what it WAS, just not by that name; thus I
failed to understand the question as a whole). I was stuck in classes where
all the material was review to me, both in math, physics and chem (yes I take
both physics and chem which made it even harder - although I understood the
material and was even bored by it, I couldn't keep up with the amounts of work
given.)

heheh... when I moved to Boston, started taking math at BHS, and in the
first test I got a 10 (out of 100).   Definitely didn't make a good
impression on my teacher.  It took two months before I finally caught up
with the terminology...  :/  After that though, it was easy enough,
until I started learning for the .il tests... ;)

Dan

(Trying hard to think of a FUT for this, but can't really?  FUT
.loc.il?)