 Castle / 5133
Re: Pirate/castle helmet...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:56:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi guys!

I noticed this helmet lately, I hadn't seen it before and was interested... • it
looks like it's prolly a castle/pirate thing, after a quick browse I found a
pic of the helmet here (the two guys on the right):

This type of helmet is also called a "morion".  It was worn throughout
europe as the high central ridge very effectively turned a blow aside.
Anyone who has seen the Pocahontas (Disney) would see John Smith wearing
this helmet.

The set "skeleton crew" came with a pirate and a skeleton and one of these
helmets.  This is my helmet of choice for my skeleton army (yes, I need
more of these).

-chuck