 Castle / 3680
Re: Pirate/castle helmet...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:20:18 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote in message <38DACFD8.1F4C8F79@mediaone.net>...
Shiri Dori wrote:

Hi guys!

I noticed this helmet lately, I hadn't seen it before and was • interested... it
looks like it's prolly a castle/pirate thing, after a quick browse I • found a
pic of the helmet here (the two guys on the right):

It's a 'morion'.  They were used starting in the mid-16th century, so it's • a bit
late for Castle if you want to get historical, but why let that cause a • problem?
8)  TLC itself mixes arms and armor from all sorts of historical and • fantasy
periods...

John Kanehl wrote:
You can only find those helmets in the short lived Armada theme in
Pirates...they were in the Armada Sentry, Armada Flagship, that minifig • pack
and I think a small set w/ oe Pirate and one skeleton...

There was also one in the second Shipwreck Island set, and one or two in • the
Pirate's Perilous Pitfall.  Some of those Armada torsos have some potential
for Castle use as well...

I  think there's also at least one timelosers sets with it (a quick look at
my catalog suggests 6494 may be the only set with one).

Frank