 General / 16725
Re: Time cruisers or Time losers? (was:Re: Pirate/castle helmet...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 05:58:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
However, I wouldn't DREAM of using these sets as configured stock.  The
models are all really sloppy and obnoxious looking.  I think the idea of
making them semi-animated was cool, but it ends up being just a gimmick.

Anyhow, I don't hate the series.  It just seems a little mis-guided.  In
fact, I wouldn't mind picking up some of the othe sets (like the big time
lab) at a steep discount because I'm sure I'd find some funky use for those
bizarre parts.

The time lab is actually a fairly decent set (and has lots of parts potential
- I've bought like 8-10 of them). I disassembled mine, but I did like the
building. It's a little bizzare, but a much more reasonable construction than
any of the other sets (though the Flying Time Vessel is pretty decent also).

These sets are all kind of nice for parts, especially on deep discount.

To answer Shiri's question of why people hate them? Well, Timmy is reason
enough :-) More seriously, they just don't interract well with any other LEGO
theme, and are very haphazzard and sloppy (as Scott mentioned - I agree, they
have that "we need to empty out the overstock of parts" look to them). Given
what they are, a few of the sets are well executed, like the two I mentioned
above. I also kind of liked the Twisted Time Train.

Frank

Frank