 Castle / 3676
Re: Pirate/castle helmet...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 01:29:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi guys!

I noticed this helmet lately, I hadn't seen it before and was interested... it
looks like it's prolly a castle/pirate thing, after a quick browse I found a
pic of the helmet here (the two guys on the right):

Is this a pirate only, or both castle and pirate helmet? I think it would look
good on castle (I saw Tim use it on his Archanis, liked it!), too bad I don't
have any :-(

-Shiri

  hope you get some, but not if i see 'em first!  i love 'em and have a
small army started in this style. they have a tiny socket that holds a
plume, and it's one of the few helms that fits on really well with the ufo
shoulderpad/ armour. those silver breastplate/ armour elements from this
"spanish" armada sub-theme are fabulous as well! some nicely done faces on
the heads, too.

  ya! timbo is brilliant when it comes to using pirate elements convincingly
in castle theme. he creates an exotic and fantastical cultural look that is
quite unexpected and effective.

  later ~  craig~