 Castle / 3678
Re: Pirate/castle helmet...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 02:16:23 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

Hi guys!

I noticed this helmet lately, I hadn't seen it before and was interested... it
looks like it's prolly a castle/pirate thing, after a quick browse I found a
pic of the helmet here (the two guys on the right):

It's a 'morion'.  They were used starting in the mid-16th century, so it's a bit
late for Castle if you want to get historical, but why let that cause a problem?
8)  TLC itself mixes arms and armor from all sorts of historical and fantasy
periods...

John Kanehl wrote:
You can only find those helmets in the short lived Armada theme in
Pirates...they were in the Armada Sentry, Armada Flagship, that minifig pack
and I think a small set w/ oe Pirate and one skeleton...

There was also one in the second Shipwreck Island set, and one or two in the
Pirate's Perilous Pitfall.  Some of those Armada torsos have some potential
for Castle use as well...

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m