 General / 16733
Re: Time cruisers or Time losers? (was:Re: Pirate/castle helmet...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:14:16 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

<snip>

More seriously, they just don't interract well with any other LEGO
theme,

Whaddaya mean by that? I don't think that's a good argument. There's NO theme
that just fits/interacts with other themes as it is. Castle sets won't fit
next to space sets, no matter what you say. Trains don't mix well with
Pirates. You can't put a (lego) robot R2D2 next to a town and say that they
work well together. (OK, you can-- but you'd be lying ;)

Actually, Time Thingies are the way to make themes interacting with each
other. If you have means to travel in time, you can relate
castle/town/space to each other..:-)

Not that I like Time Thingies, by the way. I'm not a collector, but
builder/modeler mainly, and buy sets for pieces, but mostly if the
featured model satisfies me somehow.

Truly, I think that the AFOL community is somewhat prejudiced against TC&TT
sets... the sooner we put the differences behind us, the better... ;-)

The dislike about the Time Thingies is something that I can understand,
but I just can't understand what is it wrong with Timmy boy. I have only
two, and although not being so cute, not that bad either, I think.

Selçuk