 General / 16736
Re: Time cruisers or Time losers? (was:Re: Pirate/castle helmet...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:04:53 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
I  think there's also at least one timelosers sets with it
                                         ^^^^^

Hehe, I like that... haven't heard that one before.

Now, please be honest with my here. I was unfortunate (fortunate?) enough to
not have enough cash and lego accessability while the time cruisers sets were
out. I don't have ONE Timmy or Dr Cyber fig.

Please enlighten me. I know there is a general hate directed toward the TC,
but I'm not sure *why*. OK, so it had just two repeating and annoying
minifigs. Is that a reason to hate a theme? I dunno.

I think the general consensus is that:

a) the official models suck
b) Dr. Cyber and Timmy are annoying
c) Either the designers were under the effects of certain proscribed narcotic
   or hallucinogenic substances, or TLC decided to 'just make some sets and
   use up all these extra parts'
d) that's about all they're good for, is parts
e) at full price, they're not even that good a deal for parts

If I ever see the MMTL for under $50, I'd be tempted to pick up one or two.
I love those arched windows, and there's a couple of other nifty bits in
there that could keep me interested.  And I like the assortment in the
Time Train - got a couple of those last time they went on S@H special...

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m