 General / 16729
Re: Time cruisers or Time losers? (was:Re: Pirate/castle helmet...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:52:05 GMT

Too bad I never see them around. The only one I've ever saw (seen?) was at an
FAO Schwartz, and I've learned MY lesson about buying things over
*there*...  :-)

They have all of the sets at the Virginia LEGO Outlet store, I got a few at a
pretty good discount.  They still have a bunch if you ever wander down this
way. =)

I hated the sets when they came out during my dark ages, they just made me not
want to ever get back into LEGO.  I couldn't figure them out, it just seemed
like TLC had lost it's way.  Now that I'm back into it, I like them for what
they are, the Chicken McNugget of LEGO sets, you know "Parts is parts"(1).  I
was out of it for the entire run of Pirates, but now I have a pirate ship
hull, I have black castle peices, I have 2 blue wizard hats and a glow in the
dark wand no less.  Anyways, they're great for people like me who missed out
on all those special parts at the time when they were being used a lot.  They
do things to, even though, yeah, that could be called a gimmick.  You don't
even need Brasso for Timmie's torso, just stick a beard on that sucka if you
don't like the logo.  =)

~Nathan