 Castle / 5132
Re: Finally, a new story!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:10:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Goeb writes:

Yeah, but you call it a cockatrace If wing'ed I think.
Some thing like that, they are the same creature.
Sometimes listed as male and female forms of
the same "Beast". Altho I am not so sure I have
read they can just take both forms or pick and
choose parts at will. I aint looking at one to
find out.<grin>

I think it's cockatrice but it, like most any mythological creature, has been
subject to much creative license over the millenia.  I tend to picture (maybe
from my D&D days) the cockatrice as a winged bird-like creature and the
basilisk as lizard-like.  Medusa is sometimes considered to be the given name
for a creature called a gorgon; other times the gorgon is a different bull-
like creature.  However you slice it (or build it!) they all typically kill
with a glance or breath that turns victims to stone.

Any lego monster will be cool to see and I'm personally hoping for some
minifigs turned to stone in this story!

By the by, anyone ever come up with an idea for medusa snake hair?

John Radtke