 Events / BrickFest / 1401
Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Troy Cefaratti wrote:

Um... 5. Four will be normal and 1 will be Quasi. What do I mean by Quasi? Well
most of my collection will go into its making. It will be a massive spaceport.
My best estimate at this point is it will cover 24 modules worth of space. Just
the landing pad will take up 14.
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=44077> This will be high enough
off the ground that monorails will run under it.

My only concern now, which I will figure out before the end of June, is if I
will even be able to go. (My NLSO and I are going to get our first house
together soon so...) Worst case senario I bring it to brickfest 2004.

Hey Mike!

I hope you can make it.

Yeah me too. :-)

I too am working on a space port, and it will be nice to compare the two!
Yes that would be cool to see side by side.

Hopefully the rest of these space guys build enough ships to populate them!

Well I will probably make a few ships so it won't look totally barren. (I
literally am going to be using very near my whole collection.)

Mine is going to have multiple smaller platforms instead of a giant one like
yours, and they will be elevated at varying levels.

I actually thought about that but I wanted something that could accommodate a
few SHIPs as well as smaller craft.

Troy

I definately agree that it will be interesting to compare. Of course I assume
they would both look really silly by themselves so the real make or break is how
many other people bring smaller modules too.

-Mike Petrucelli (hoping I can make it this year)