 Events / BrickFest / 1306
Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:11:58 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Adrian Drake writes:
I'll be toting along at least 2 modules.  The Tycho Brahe Hotel and the Dark
Side Nightclub will both be there.  I have ideas for two more modules, but I
don't know if I'll have the time to build them.  So expect at least 2, but
maybe as many as 4.

I'm disappointed, too, that I won't be able to do the Moonbase Mountain that
we talked about last year.

If I am not mistaken (from what I have read) that was going to be the largest
central module. Well, I am very near complete in taking my entire collection
apart and having it sorted. I just might be able to build a large starport
module with a large elevated landing platform, with customs checkpoint, and
monorail stations, and a traffic control tower, and a defence fighter bay,
and...  Well heck if I built that (which I should have enough peices for, given
I would be using my entire collection) the way I am picturing it in my head,
that would be close to a 10+ module footprint. Would there even be the space or
desire to have something like that at Brickfest.

It wasn't really the 'central' module, but was going to be a pretty dramatic
part of it, yes.  The plan was to have Spaceman Mountain situated somewhere
in the back center of a large c-shaped layout, with the monorail passing
through/over/around it.

Your module sounds like quite a piece of work.  Go for it!

I just don't think I'm going to have the space to
transport it, especially if I bring the Neb again in honor of the Matrix
sequels (which I'm getting close to being sure that I will do).

Ooh! Cool.

Luckily, I still have it sitting in its custom transportation crate :)

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com