 Events / BrickFest / 1308
1307  |  1309
Subject:
What is everyone's opinion (was Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:21:54 GMT

I'm disappointed, too, that I won't be able to do the Moonbase Mountain that
we talked about last year.

If I am not mistaken (from what I have read) that was going to be the largest
central module. Well, I am very near complete in taking my entire collection
apart and having it sorted. I just might be able to build a large starport
module with a large elevated landing platform, with customs checkpoint, and
monorail stations, and a traffic control tower, and a defence fighter bay,
and...  Well heck if I built that (which I should have enough peices for, • given
I would be using my entire collection) the way I am picturing it in my head,
that would be close to a 10+ module footprint. Would there even be the space • or
desire to have something like that at Brickfest.

It wasn't really the 'central' module, but was going to be a pretty dramatic
part of it, yes.  The plan was to have Spaceman Mountain situated somewhere
in the back center of a large c-shaped layout, with the monorail passing
through/over/around it.

Your module sounds like quite a piece of work.  Go for it!

Sure is. I have a question though. Would everyone like to see something that
large: 1. with four complete sides with minimal access to the interior or
2. with 1 open side (faceing the back of the layout) so all of the interior can
clearly be seen.  Keep in mind I figure the main 'base' will likely be 3 or 4
modules and about a meter (3 to 4 feet) high, with a landing platform in front
(offset to the side slightly) about 4-6 modules and half a meter (1.5 to 2
feet) high. The real trick will be making it transportable. But anyway what
does everyone think, Open back or not?

I just don't think I'm going to have the space to
transport it, especially if I bring the Neb again in honor of the Matrix
sequels (which I'm getting close to being sure that I will do).

Ooh! Cool.

Luckily, I still have it sitting in its custom transportation crate :)

Nice.

-Mike Petrucelli