 Events / BrickFest / 1387
Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 21:48:29 GMT

Frank Filz ffilz@mindspring.com writes:
   At NW BrickCon we had monorail track at +0, +10, and +20 (and even a small amount at +30 I think). +20 was necessary to clear most modules since it turns out it’s easiest to just run the track whereever. However, if a station is actually built into a module, there also needs to be an X-Y standard. I think the simple standard is to start with a basis of a piece of straight monorail has it’s centerline along the boundary between two modules, and starts at one end of the module (so three straights would exactly cover the boundary between 4 modules). Then from this, any offset of 8 studs can be accomodated. If several modules with built in track are intended to be placed close together, more care must be taken because you won’t have the space to put in 8 stud track segments to adjust track positions.

David Wegmuller worked out a standard last summer that I think should be adopted. See http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=16346 and the ensuing thread.

--Bill.

-- William R Ward bill@wards.net http://www.wards.net/~bill/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.” - Emerson