 Events / BrickFest / 1393
Re: Moonbase Monorail standards (was: BRICKFEST MOONBASE)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 16:53:56 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:
Also, note that a huge tarck collection is not really necessary. We
could have done the whole NWBrickCon monorail with my track which is a
large but not huge collection. Sure we could have put more in, but who
wants a layout where you can barely see the modules for all the monorail
spaghetti draped over them. We also had enough track for 3 or 4 trains
to be running at all times (well, most times, I had one track that ran
right along the edge of the table, during peak traffic hours we didn't
run that one). It's fine for some trains to actually run on pretty short
runs.

One thing I'll add - since a huge collection is not necessary, I won't
plan on bringing lots of track, however, I may decide to bring along my
bag of 8 stud track lengths since depending on just how large a track
collection we have, they may be handy (on the other hand, I'm thinking
that if Troy Cefaratti brings his huge collection of track that we won't
need any more track for the moonbase - and there's really something to
be said for only using one person's track).

Frank