 Castle / 16600 (+100)
  Some thoughts on the Medieval Marketplace

Hi all, I have to take this chance to thank everyone behind the mm. The 'quickness' of it as appossed to most castle MOCs provides a great alternative. I can really appreciate this as I spent the last 3 months in hotels. Every night out came the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Five mini-MOCs: Dutch style shops

Hi Josh, (...) That's the intention, so I'm glad to read this. Thanks. In the area I live quite a lot of these style buildings exist. A bit to my surprise I found that since I started examining those looking for inspiration towards Lego building, I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Five mini-MOCs: Dutch style shops

Hi Aaron, Thanks for commenting. (...) That's a unique feature of this style of building, serving no purpose except aestatics. (...) A flat surface wall with door and windows tends to get boring IMO. To overcome this I like to build 2 stud thick (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Five mini-MOCs: Dutch style shops

Hi Lenny, (...) Thanks for writing this because I am indeed very interested in the use of different colors in my Lego creations, often testing several color schemes. I'm happy that bricks with new colors like tan and sand colors are available in (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

Hi Nick, (...) Seems an improvement to me. The added color makes the shape come out more, making your ship more beautiful than it already was. A nice touch with the symbol embedded in the deck. Cheers, Twan. (22 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Some thoughts on the Medieval Marketplace

Hi Nathan, (...) :-) You gave me a good laugh here. So I'm not the only one in this world who brings bricks into a hotel room to have something better to do at night than sitting in a generic hotel bar. (...) Not to mention customs, always with a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some thoughts on the Medieval Marketplace

(...) An embassy is a great idea. I am currently working on a modular caste design that is almost compliant with MM. My overhang is two studs vs. one. I would eventually like to get enough modules to "wall in" at least a portion of a city. I like (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  The Old Mill

Hi all, Here is 'The Old Mill': (URL) It once was a working mill, but that put a strain on certain pieces, so it was sold to a retired black falcon soldier who promptly ripped out the interior and created this beautiful house... Features: Aside (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: The Old Mill

(...) Wow, as a non-castle builder, I'm just looking at this and VERY impressed. Beautiful work, including the landscaping...it's nice to see a nice full set up. (...) But you geared it...so it's forgivable:) Actually, a nice solution considerng you (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Manor House of DUDE

smoochie: (URL) notes: so here is little crackhead lenny surfing the net and he finds this cool picture of a medieval manor house and he says to himself that he could build that, given he had the ruby of sulifar, so he went and passed through the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: The Old Mill

Hi Nathan, Great Mill! It has a lot of detail. I like the bricks on the base concept too. My only criticism is the wheel. It could use some work, but if you were out of pieces, you were out of pieces! Build On, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Woodcutter’s Cottage Preview

Woodcutter’s Cottage Preview I am formally announcing the beginning of Ellermann Kits, which are my custom castle-themed Lego sets. I have been planning to create and sell several medieval themed sets for a long time. Even though Brickmania is (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  The Tower of Angus McDirk

Hey All, Here is another one of my MOCs. It is a small fortress/watchtower. This is the link: (URL) pictures are a bit small, sorry about that. I am still playing around with the best spots to take pics in my new house. Let me know what you think! (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

(...) Something about that blue roof with the read windows is neat. The interior details are good too. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Teaser

Nathan, Thanks for the compliments and now it's completed. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Dragonstern Festival

Check out our latest MOC from our homepage, Dragonstern Festival; (URL) like a good day for posting castle MOCs! Regards, ACPin & Sons (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

Hey Lenny, Very cool. I was holding my breath, waiting for these pictures, so I am glad you got them up so fast. The interior is well done (not rare, medium rare, etc). And I especially like how the house unfolds. That was truly inspired (the elf (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

Hey guys, All I can say is, "Wow, that is a big black wall!" Your shops look great, of course. They look awesome all together like that. But I had seen them before so what really blew me away was that HUGE black wall. I like that alot. Man, it is (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Orc Army

Here is my Orc Army. I finally got around to taking pix. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Egyptians

For those interested, I have added and updated my Egyptian Army. Here is the link: (URL) #1239 (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

(...) Hello, I took great interest into your nonconformist methods of conveying the medieval atmosphere, particularly in your use of brown elements to create a rounded, rustic look to your scene. Although it's an uncommon style, I'd like to see (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Old Mill

(...) Thanks, I was quite proud of this (except for the wheel). It's the first time I've tried a 'full set up' but I think it looks tolerable from all sides... As to the landscaping two words: 'bulk bricks'. But it still has a nice roll. I forgot to (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Old Mill

(...) Hi, Thanks for your comments. The whell is pretty bad but as I say, I was out of bricks (this whole thing came out of a box just bigger then a shoebox). I still think it's worth a look for the landscape and building though... Did you see the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Old Mill

Hello Nathan, (...) That's a neat scenery you're showing, my compliments. I especially like the way you're using the base to build a hill. Seems to me that in this way you can build a large volume with a relatively low number of bricks, while (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Tower of Angus McDirk

Hi Josh, (...) You're quite productive lately, MOC-wise. This seems a great tower to me. Sturdy and has everthing it needs to have. I like the way you incorporated the spiral staircase in your creation. BTW who is that getting his behind whipped? (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

Hi Leonard, (...) I like the way it opens up in several different ways, especially the use of apex roof bricks in one part is a smart solution. Whenever I try to build a structure that folds open, I find that it somehow doesn't work and tear the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Egyptians

Hi Don, (...) Thanks for posting these. A "dreamproject" of mine is to build a Roman circus, so I'm always interested in seeing how others build their chariots. ;-) Regards, Twan. (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Old Mill

(...) Nathan, This is a really neat creation. I too read a "weathered" feel to the building. I like the fireplace design...had not thought of that! The baseplate as a way of building a hill is very clever, plus the "driveway/ramp" still works very (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Egyptians

(...) Don- This is great! I really like the simplicity of the torsos and the chariot construction! How did you acquire so many yellow headpieces?!? I look forward to seeing these guys in action. ;-) ciao&salaam -Andrew Saada GardenSLUG (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Egyptians

(...) reproduced in number. (If only I had some of those curved pieces you use! Where might I find those?) Your shield design is nice too! For such a simple combination of pieces, it creates a nice alternative shape. I love the idea of an ancient (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

Dang, AC, this just gets better and better. Bruce (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Tower of Angus McDirk

Josh, While I don't mind Ron Weasley getting whipped, I would much rather see Harry Potty getting the lashes.... -Aaron "Josh Wedin" <pushmi.pullyu@verizon.net> wrote in message news:HDAzLB.xDx@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) think! (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

AC, Great stuff as usual. I'd love to see a picture taken through the large gate of the black wall. -Aaron "ACPin" <ACPin@SirStevesGuide.com> wrote in message news:HDB789.1H38@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Orc Army

Those orcs don't stand a chance against the Egyptians. ;) -Aaron "Don Cox" <the1hugh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HDBBpM.1tGB@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Egyptians

Don, I always love pictures of huge armies. They're even more impressive when they involve such a large number of hard to find accessories! Thanks for posting these, I enjoyed looking at them. I would also like to second Andrew's suggestion for (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

Lenny, Great house. Your use of arches on the interior adds a lot to the overall structure. I like the design of the living room chairs, although I'd prefer benches for the dining room (personal preference). Overall the place looks great! You should (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

Josh, If it was just the MM shops there would be nothing new to see and so the wall was done to be taller than the structures outside. Thanks, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

Matt, Thanks for the compliments and that's the auction tent that you're referring to. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

Bruce, Hope you never get tired of viewing them! Thanks, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

Aaron, Thanks for the compliments but it looks like you didn't view the other pages. You just have to go back and view the second page to see what you're looking for. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

(...) why thanks for the kind words Mr. Muhl. I may do that. (...) here's one pic: (URL) left: library upstairs right: bedroom downstairs left: living room downstairs mid-left: dining room downstairs mid-right: foyer downstairs right: workroom hope (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

(...) why thank you good sir! (...) the apex roof concept was shamelessly stolen from dan siskind, the "l-g-k" of castle lego. i find it is a really cool way to avoid having to put a "tile layer" like i did with the workroom: (URL) love having (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

(...) elf maid smooches always do. ;o) thanks for kind words, as always! vive le crackhead -lenny (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Orc Army

yes yes.. but orcs smell bad. really bad. like the kinda smell bad that doesn't wash off the first time. and in the desert of egypt, that smell gets worse, and carries. clean, civilized egyptians may not be handle the stench.. it's quite a stench. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Peasant's Hut

kinda based off a viking long house, but short.. cause everything in legoland is short. a home to a peasant and her husband (they cooking). (URL) le crackhead -lenny (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Peasant's Hut

Hey Lenny, Very nice! It looks really good, like a set. :) I am impressed with the tri-fold thing you have been doing lately. Very cool. One question, what is the peasant man holding in his hand? I can't quite tell what piece he is holding. Building (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Peasant's Hut

Lleonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HDE3EL.1A83@lugnet.com... (...) legoland (...) Nice one crackhead. I really like the look of this. Josh is right, the way it slpts int o3 works really well and it delivers a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Peasant's Hut

(...) what you were going for. It looks especially nice with the larg HP style door (makes me want to buy some HP sets just for that), and I love your choice of open-air bars for windows, very appropriate for the tech-level of such buildings. And (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Peasant's Hut

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message news:HDE5Jt.1IxF@lugnet.com... (...) snip (...) looks (...) the (...) better (...) snip (...) Im sure Lenny is more than capable of answering your question, and its his model .... (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Peasant's Hut

(...) well i hardly need some welsh guy speaking on my behalf, but I must say you are correct! i thought about adding a hole through the roof to allow the smoke to escape, but later decided that the above door 'window' would probably work better. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragonstern Festival

I've viewed the other page now. Everything looks great! -Aaron "ACPin" <ACPin@SirStevesGuide.com> wrote in message news:HDD4xB.r9s@lugnet.com... (...) you're (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

That helps a lot; thanks. Very cool how it all fits together. -Aaron "leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HDE2nu.16vL@lugnet.com... (...) overall (...) prefer (...) looks (...) outside (...) This (...) areas (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Peasant's Hut

(...) <grin> Yes, actually I almost suggested a roof hole as an alternative. I honestly did not consider the high-window option, but now thinking of the model, and how the windows are indeed high, it makes sense. (...) I agree that many of the more (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Peasant's Hut

Hello! (...) Good point! Me too often thinks that the term 'medieval' is seen in (too) wide boundaries. Many buildings shown here are really nice and great build, but they ain't quite medieval. Of course that's not a bad thing, however, I like (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Old Mill

(...) Thanks much, (especially for the wheel save : ) )! As to the base your description is more or less what I was aimming for... I put most of my time into making the building 'fit' the scenery, and I think that came out well in the 'weathered' (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Old Mill

(...) Thanks! I really liked the fireplace myself. (...) Actually I would never have thought of the base had it not been for the road... (...) Thanks again for your comments, God Bless you, Nathan (22 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  The Horse Trader

Hey All, Here is my newest MOC. (URL) is the local horse trader and his stable. It is supposed to be an old ruined stone building that he acquired and repaired somewhat. He added the space for and office and fixed the roof. Anyway, let me your (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Horse Trader

(...) Looks nice, Josh. When I first looked at the third image you have, I thought it had a basement level, but it was the reflection in the glass table. :) I like the basic feel of the model, and it does seem to be a formerly ruined building of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Horse Trader

Hi Josh, I really like how you have used an old building and converted it for a new function. You have diverse unrealistic vegetation - pine trees, deciduous trees, and sagebrush all together (please ignore my tree comment above ;) Good job. This (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Horse Trader

(...) Thanks. (...) I took pics of my last few MOCs on top of my glass display cases in my dining room (full of lego, of course). I don't think I will do that again. They all mostly turned out a bit confusing. I took one picture of a mini-fig that (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Horse Trader

(...) Hi Ben, (...) Thanks, I am glad you like how it turned out. I like converting old stuff into new stuff. I do it a lot in "real" life (whatever that is), so I thought why not have this mini-fig do the same. (...) Dang it, I forgot to put a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Horse Trader

(...) Hey, Josh...so far it looks like you caught the 'run down but recently revamped' look pretty well. The only part that really don't seem congruous was the fence (since white creates too much contrast against the green and grey, diverting the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Old Mill

(...) Hello (excuse my procrastination to reply), Well, after taking a look at it, I'm happy to say I was pleased with the design, particularly its blocky feel to it since this technique gives the model a more 'built' from scratch feeling. The scene (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Fun with babelfish

Ah, I was messing with translating some webpages with babelfish the other week, when I encountered something particularly interesting. So, I decided to take a small phrase of random writing and filter it through one lauguage, then back to its (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fun with babelfish

Here's one: Castle rules, space stinks. Then to Korean and back... The castle governs space offensive odor. Another: Castle is boring, space can be excting. After: The castle is piercing, space can be emotive. Another: Why would anybody play with (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun)

  Re: The Horse Trader

(...) Hi Josh, Nice! I like your idea of revamped space... I did a few MOCs like that a long time ago (no pics). The only thing I would change is the white fence... As to the plants, I can vouch there is a good variety in Washington State (I used to (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Old Mill

(...) Hi, (...) No problem... Most of my replys are late... (...) Thanks! This is my first attempt at 'brick landscape'... (...) This was built entirely out of a shoebox and a slightly larger box of pieces, and a white door was the only one I had... (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Sirobian Embassy

By order of King Leonard and in agreeance of the government of Larat, Sirob set up its first embassy in the popular region of LArat, a neighboring Kingdom. Headed by Ambassador Franz Goetmer, he and his wife, Sarah work with Caroline Akeem and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sirobian Embassy

(...) the architect for designing such a beautiful embassy for my kingdom, and secondly to Master Goetmer and his wife, Mistress Sarah, who have agreed to represent my kingdom to the Kingdom of Larat. And Lastly I'd like to thank the government of (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Horse Trader

Thanks Matt. You are right about the fence, but it was all I had. I will probably rebuild it if I get enough brown spindle pieces. Build On, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Horse Trader

Hey Nathan, Thanks for comments. I like doing the revamped building stuff. Your old mill is kind the same isn't it? An old mill now used as a dwelling? That is cool that you used to live Bellingham. I live just 30 minutes south of Bellingham, in (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  The Ice Temple...

Hi all, Here is a quick MOC I made from my adventurer pieces... let me know what you think... (URL) I was going to tag a really exciting, mysterious, or unusual story here but I didn't get round to it... God Bless All, Nathan (22 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: The Horse Trader

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes: Hi, (...) Yeah, I suppose so... (...) I seemed to be always heading North (I guess that explains why I ended up in Canada) (...) God Bless, Nathan (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Happy Easter All

Hi .castle, Happy Easter to you all! Jesus Is Alive, Nathan (22 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  2 new shops for the MM

Hi all, I just uploaded 2 new shops although I don't really know if they fit with the medieval concepts so much. Still, I'm sure every medieval fair would be proud to host those kind of entertaining shops. the first one, is a tent, of the gipsy (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 new shops for the MM

Hi Yaron, well done, cute little "shops" :-) (...) Maybe this is an idea? (URL) not brown, but IMO it looks more like a basket. Leg Godt! René PS: My Orient-galleries can be found here: (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Happy Easter All

(...) And a happy Palm Sunday to any other Eastern Orthodox Christians out there! One week until Pascha! <>Nate<> (22 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 new shops for the MM

Hi Yaron, Nice shops. I think any market would be proud to have these two merchants visit their locales. I especially like the snake charmer, quite an original idea. Way to go! Josh (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Ice Temple...

Hi Nathan, Very cool! :) Seriously, it is good. It looks exciting and mysterious. Just one question...how did that skeleton get there? If the guy died there, wouldn't his body have frozen and been preserved for posterity? Did the Yeti strip the meat (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Ice Temple...

(...) Well, I tend to think somethng like the following: (cue creepy music) Legend has it that there is a hidden temple in the Himalayas protected by the Yeti. A temple that houses a crystal of unspeakable power. Sherpas have mentioned the beings (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  MM: barber shop and import store

Presenting my first two shops: Gerhardt's Barber shop and Azhikool's imports and oddities. What better place to spend your weekend than at the local barber, playing cards, getting a hair cut or that aching tooth pulled. Whatever you want, come hang (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Ice Temple...

(...) No not Johnny, he's a good guy. Its probably Timmy, time travelling somewhere he's not supposed to. (URL) (...) Looks good and it definetely needs a really exciting, mysterious, or unusual story. -Nick (22 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Happy Easter All

(...) How could I forget?! Sorry... God Bless, Nathan (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some thoughts on the Medieval Marketplace

(...) Thanks, and So Sorry for the late reply... I hope to see your modular design soon... As to the overhang, most of my marketplaces do by a stud...or 2...or 3...or 4....ahhmm I'll try building an embassy sometime soon... God Bless (and sorry (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some thoughts on the Medieval Marketplace

Hi, sorry for the late reply... (...) Nope... though I've never been to a hotel bar... If I don't have any lego on me I am normally out looking for a footy (soccer) pitch. (...) God Bless You, Nathan (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Compatible?

~Dragons Man O’War £49.99 July: (URL) you think these hulls will be compatible with TLC’s hulls. There looks to be some adequate Pirate accessories. Of course, this is only for those who aren’t purist! Thanx, --==Richard==-- Oh and, for the a few of (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Ice Temple...

(...) Hi Josh, Glad you liked it! The skeleton is part of the mystery because: 1) The skull piece on a regular fig couldn't be seen from the angle I wanted. 2) I was to busy to cut shreds of cloth to go on the skeleton. 3) And...It just looks (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Ice Temple...

(...) Hi, (...) Perhaps... (...) Thanks! (...) I knew someone would come up with an explanation... A man after my own heart but with more time on the net : ) . Thanks and God Bless You, Nathan (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Ice Temple...

(...) Great Pics! (...) Thanks... I'll take that as a compliment : ) (...) God Bless You, Nathan (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Compatible?

Those heavily armored knights would sink like rocks out at sea. I'm not sure if the parts are compatible, but I'm sure it's not historically compatible. ;) -Aaron "Richard Noeckel" <shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Compatible?

(...) The smaller parts (bricks & accessories) are compatible (Purists may not like them on Purity grounds), but the hulls themselves almost certainly will not be. You're right about the rocks-at-sea and historical-compatibility issues, though! (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Compatible?

I've seen the same image and wondered. I very much doubt these keels will be compatible with TLC hulls, but depending on how many of those decorations can be stripped off, you might be left with a hull base suitable for a pirate-era ship -- albeit (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Compatible?

(...) I think not... the profile seems too rounded and too tall, and the texture is different. (...) No problem for me ;-) Is it just me, or do others think that Mega-blox is increasingly going down the route of large, specialised pieces that we (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  "White Lion Castle" updated ! :)

Hi, I've made some updates on my first Keep : see the gallery at: (URL) --- (URL) ( german page ) *** JOIN the Medieval Lego Webring at: (URL) *** --- -- (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sirobian Embassy

Very nice indeed. I'm a big fan of balconies and the one at the back is really nice, Its got a nice built up, multi level feel about it too. Just not sure on the blue at the front. I think dark grey would work better. Lovely detailing though thanks (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 new shops for the MM

I like the Fortune Teller. Is that a Harry Potter bedspread ?? It works really well -- James Stacey ------ www.minifig.co.uk Lugnet Member #925 I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado "the black sword" <yarondor@012.net.il> wrote in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "White Lion Castle" updated ! :)

(...) it should be fun :) -- Pawel (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "White Lion Castle" updated ! :)

Hello Kai, The castle looks really good. You've included a lot of interesting details both inside and out. I admire your brickwork! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished version. Stephen (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "White Lion Castle" updated ! :)

(...) I like it! Seeing the development of a model is really neat, i think it makes the final construction seem better. Personally I think the first step design, going straight down, looks better, it made the front seem more grand, fitting in with (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Manor House of DUDE

Hi Leonard, "leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HDE31s.18Ks@lugnet.com... (...) having to (...) I appreciate it. A solution for the using a tile layer I tried was to include a layer of plates between every layer of roof (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact