 Castle / 16600
16599  |  16601
Subject:
Some thoughts on the Medieval Marketplace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:16:18 GMT

            Hi all,

     I have to take this chance to thank everyone behind the mm. The
'quickness' of it as appossed to most castle MOCs provides a great
alternative. I can really appreciate this as I spent the last 3 months in
hotels. Every night out came the heavy suitcase (lego is NOT light in
quantity) and out poured the pile and I set to work on something I could
pack up easily in the morning. The volume (and progress of models in a few
days), also astounded a few cleaners...
    Finaly I got slightly more settled in a tourist 'flat' and after hauling
a coffe table up from the lounge and shoving a few extra beds out of the way
I was able to start in earnest. Yet without the marketplace I would never
have though to bring - let alone build - lego on my trip. Within a week I
ended up with a pretty large, easily and quickly built, town. It made it
feel like home. (I'll put some pics up soon).

     One thought that did strike me for the mm as I was thinking of ideas
for stores, and stumped by lack of pieces, was: What about embassies on a
marketplace scale. I know most of us have stories and countries and I
thought an mm embassy would be a great tie in (castle world style) and a
help if you can't think of a store. It would also give some scope for more
impressively sized buildings in the mm.

                Well just thought I would throw that out...

                         God Bless,

                               Nathan