 Castle / 16603
Re: Five mini-MOCs: Dutch style shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 13:47:52 GMT

Hi Lenny,

leonard hoffman wrote:
I love these!  And I'll tell you why: The style is so
bright and colorful, it is in contrast to how most
castle builders keep their creation grey and dark
grey.. drab and cold.. these shops, along with
furman's latest update, really show what place
color can have in castle creations!  Bravo!

Thanks for writing this because I am indeed very
interested in the use of different colors in my
Lego creations, often testing several color schemes.
I'm happy that bricks with new colors like tan and
sand colors are available in plenty sizes nowadays.

A pragmatic reason for using colored bricks is
that my supply seems to evaporate with astonishing
speed while building and I'm afraid I'll be trough
quickly when using only grey bricks. Currently I
intend to also build a church and maybe city walls
for which I'm saving my grey bricks.

Cheers, Twan.