 Castle / 16575
Five mini-MOCs: Dutch style shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 23:23:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,

On my brickshelf you can find pictures of five small
MOCs all based on the same format, but with
differences in the details such as color, doors,
windows, chimneys etc.:

These are supposed to look like small shops in a
Dutch 17th or 18th century style. Probably not exactly
true to the style but I hope to catch its 'look and feel'
in ABS bricks.

Please pay special notice to this one:

Depicted is csar Peter the Great of Russia drinking a
glass of jenever. When Peter the Great visisted the
Netherlands to learn about shipbuilding he was
offered jenever, a spirit common in Flanders and the
Netherlands. Appreciating the beverage he asked his
hosts for the recipe and upon his return in
St. Petersburg summoned his distillers and told them
to make the same stuff for him. Someway or the other
they goofed up and the resulting beverage was not
really jenever, but still a good enough drink, so the
Russians continued to distill this spirit we know
nowadays as wodka.

Cheers, Twan.
--
Twanneman@planet.nl