 Castle / 1290
Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 02:48:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rich Manzo writes:

Well, I guess I don't qualify as measure - I wasn't born when some of these
sets went out...

one from buying lego... as I mentioned in an earlier post, for YEARS all I • had
were 35 Crusaders and 28 Black Falcons, from my years of getting Xmas gifts • and
birthday presents... and within 6 months of getting a job, I've more than
doubled my numbers in almost all genres... I don't expect that most teens • will
Definitely true. Being younger and not having a full-time job greatly inhibit
have the collection the size of what I have.... but of course, I've only been
in the "real" working world for about 6 or 7 months, so I'm sure there are • lots
of people with a lot bigger collections out there!

DaveE

Oh so true!! for a while I was suffering, no money, and no way to get it.
but now that I have a steady cash flow coming in I can plan which Lego sets I
want to buy before hand. Shiri, I wouldn't have 302 knights either, but I
focus all of my money on three themes, Castle, Space, and Wild West. I must do
that or I will never get a complete collection of anything. Believe me, I know
how it feel to want that Lego set so bad and you dont have any cash in your
pocket to buy it!

I know.
The problem is, I DO have the cash now - I worked really hard last summer for
a great opportunity - I made this program for my dad's research, his
colleagues paid me more than $1000. But... big BUT... my parents, as much as
they try to be understanding, don't approve wasting all that money...
otherwise, I'd be swimming in lego now. The best thing about the US is the
availability of lego, and I know once I get back to Israel I won't be able to
buy all this stuff. I also feel really weird about auctions and deals over the
internet - can't help feeling a bit paranoid about getting cheated.

I mainly keep focus on Castle and Town first, then train, adventurers and
belville. (1) But my "focus" consists mainly of thinking about the sets I
want - I don't have most of my building stuff with me now, left it in Israel
(2), so I'm just planning my future now...

Happy New year everyone!
2 hours, eleven minutes to t-time here!

-Shiri

(1) Belville is great for parts, but I only have one set now, I'm waiting to
open it on Jan. 5th - my sister is getting it for HER birthday, from me...
guess who's gonna have the most fun...

(2) Stupid! Stupid! <bangs head in wall> I left most of my lego in our house
in Israel, and I barely have any bricks, and absolutly NO PLATES! Arrgh!!!