 Castle / 1286
Re: Building a Mini-fig Army (no scrubs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:10:02 GMT

I know there's gotta be some GRAND armies out there that put mine to ultimate
shame... but how shamed shall I be?

DaveE

By no means would any attempt at an army be shamed.  While watching Colorado rip
through BC on ESPN, I did some reworking on my army (always under construction).
Here is what I came up with.

http://members.xoom.com/verneer/army/

150 Royal Knights and 126 Fright Knights are the two biggest chunks of an army
of a more than 550 soldiers and knights.  I traded most of my crusaders (left
with 22) and Black Falcons (left with 20) to James Aldrich a while back to get
Royal Knights.  That was a trade that changed how I looked at armies.  Once I
get the 10 Royal Knight shields that are in the mail from Canada, I will have
100 identical Royal Knight spearmen - my pride and joy;)

I'm sure we've all gotten original while trying to preserve the conformity of
our armies ... or am I the only one that is a bit obsessive over that?  For now
I've left out the scrubs, only because they wouldn't fit in.  I think there are
around 30 more guys that I could put together (with the biggest problem being
helmets - dang those run expensive).

... and my little undead army has over 100 people - which looks kind of cool
attacking a city or person.  The undead don't have the steel or the wit - so
they've gotta do it in numbers, eh?

On a side note - I want to trade my crusaders - all are in pristine condition.
Let me know if you want to work them in, and we'll do a swap.  I have tons of
shields with them (over 40 I would say ... )

-- pn